Baton Rouge Ductless AC Installation
Are you sick and tired of dealing with air duct leaks and inadequate temperatures in your home? Air ducts can be responsible for up to 40% of energy loss in your home! That’s a lot of air that’s escaping or losing its chill on its way to your vents. Luckily, there’s another option for reliable air conditioning: ductless mini-splits.
Southern Air Heating and Cooling is the Baton Rouge ductless AC installation team you need on your side. Not only can we help you evaluate the needs of your home, but we can also perform high-quality ductless AC installations to get your home running efficiently. Contact us today for more information on investing in a mini-split system for your home!
How Do Ductless ACs Work?
The main components of a ductless AC unit are similar to a traditional HVAC system. They are both made up of an indoor and outdoor unit, connected by a series of tubes and pathways. A ductless system’s indoor unit, the air handler, is installed directly to the wall of your home instead of up in the attic as with an HVAC unit.
The outdoor unit houses the fans, motors and refrigerant that chills your air. As its name implies, a ductless mini-split has one major difference from traditional AC systems. There are no ducts that bring the air to the vents. Instead, the air is pumped directly into your home from the air handler on the wall.
The Benefits of Ductless AC in Baton Rouge
So what makes ductless cooling so much more efficient than traditional HVAC cooling? Here are some of the main advantages that ductless cooling brings:
- Quick Installation — The size and simplicity of the ductless AC setup mean that installation times are significantly reduced. Without having to lay ductwork and attach the AC to all of the ducts and vents, ductless AC often only takes a few hours to install altogether.
- Precise Comfort — Zone-cooling technology allows your home to be cooled much more accurately. Because you don’t have to cool the entire home to feel any temperature change, you have more control over the cooling of your home.
- High Efficiency — Ductless ACs use variable speed compressors to cool your home more efficiently. This means they’re able to run at speeds other than super high or super low. The ability to regulate the amount of power the unit needs to use at any given time is a major asset to your home’s efficiency.
- Appearance — The ductless AC is also designed to be sleek and compact in size. Although the air handler must be installed inside your home, it takes up a small amount of space. Plus, some manufacturers offer color options to help match your wall color or trim.
- Reduced Operational Expense — While the upfront cost of a mini-split system might be significant, the operational expense is far less. The number of repairs and breakdowns that these systems experience are markedly less than traditional ACs.
The Southern Air Difference
We know you have a choice when it comes to your HVAC company, and that’s why Southern Air goes above and beyond. We offer Ironclad Guarantees that ensure your 100% satisfaction with every service. If you think that ductless AC is the right option for you, contact our team today. We’ll get you started with the best system for your Baton Rouge home!