Baton Rouge Leak Detection & Repair
The professionals here at Southern Air Heating, Cooling & Plumbing are experts in all things piping. Whether it’s the water pipes that supply your kitchen and bathrooms or the gas lines that supply your home with heat, our experts are fully ready and qualified to provide any type of pipework a situation could call for.
Leak detection is one of the most critical aspects of any kind of pipework. It’s impossible to fix the problem if you can’t locate it in the first place. Thankfully, our plumbers are some of the most qualified leak detection specialists in the industry.
We’re committed to providing our community with both the highest standards of service and the knowledge necessary to be in the most control of their HVAC and plumbing situations. With that in mind, here’s some important information regarding water and gas line leaks that could save you thousands in future repairs.
Water Leak Detection And Repair
If unnoticed or ignored, a simple water leak can lead to an accumulation of thousands of dollars in damages. Water damage can cause rust to form, destroy wood and can help foster an environment for mold growth — which can negatively impact the health of you and your family.
Unfortunately, not all leaks are visible to the naked eye, and leaks in some areas can go unnoticed. There are several signs that every homeowner can look out for that may indicate that their water system has a leak somewhere. The most obvious signs of a water leak are:
- Abnormally high water bills
- Lower than normal water pressure
- Unexplained damp spots on the floor, ceiling, or walls
- Bad smells
- Unexplained sounds of running water
- Random cracks/damage to drywall or flooring
- Uneven lawn growth
If you’re experiencing any of these issues in your home, don’t hesitate to contact the professionals here at Southern Air. We strive to provide the highest standards of Baton Rouge water leak repair possible.
Gas Line Leak Detection And Repair
An undetected gas leak can be disastrous. A tiny spark can turn that leak into an explosive tragedy. This small margin of error makes it pivotal that you know the warning signs of a gas leak if your home uses gas in any way. Here are the three best gas leak detection methods that everyone should know about:
- Gas leak detectors – If you use gas, these should be the first line of defense against gas leaks. Detectors can detect minute traces of gas that humans can’t sense.
- Unexplained whistling or whooshing sound – Much like air escaping the restricted neck of a balloon, a gas leak may cause a high pitch whistling sound as the gas escapes the system.
- Rotten egg smell – While natural gas is odorless on its own. Most gas used in homes comes from the plant pre-treated with a chemical agent that gives it a very distinctive “rotten egg” smell. While unpleasant, the smell is easy to detect.
If you’re experiencing any of the above things, you must turn your gas line off immediately. Even if there is no leak, it’s far better to be safe than sorry when dealing with explosive gases. The next step is to have your system inspected by a qualified gas line professional — and no one will do a better job than a Southern Air plumber.
Let Southern Air Patch All Of Your Leaks
Water or gas, the professionals here at Southern Air Heating, Cooling & Plumbing strive to provide the highest quality of residential leak detection possible. If you feel like your home is experiencing any sort of leakage symptoms, don’t hesitate to call us today!